Can I Refund My Travel Fund? – Complete Guide 
A travel fund, as used in the context of Cebu Pacific, is a digital wallet into which you can deposit the cost of your ticket, which can then be applied to upcoming reservations. The amount to be transferred does not include insurance add-ons and other service fees if any.
So in this informative article, I will give you complete information about the travel fund which you should know. So let’s start with the first question what are travel funds:
What is a Travel Fund?
Travel Fund is a virtual wallet that stores the total amount you’ve paid for an existing flight booking. It can pay for future add-on purchases and new flight reservations. Each reservation converted to a travel fund is valid for six months from the conversion date.
All unused add-ons, taxes, admin fees, and handling costs are included in the value to be included in the Travel Fund, but flight fees are not.
A travel fund is provided for flights that are cancelled or have schedule changes of more than 60 minutes. Customers who purchased CEB Flexi at the time of their initial reservation may also choose Travel Fund for Voluntary Change/Cancellation purposes for more flexibility.
Can I Refund My Travel Fund?
Yes, you can refund your Travel Fund if Cebu Pacific cancels your flight and you still need to rebook or convert the flight to a Travel Fund at the time of cancellation; you are eligible for a refund.
Passengers can request a refund via CEBmanageflight up to 30 days from their flight date. No changes can be made after this time frame, and the reservation is considered forfeited.
What are benefits of getting a Travel Fund?
You could gain access to the following advantages by converting your reservation to a travel fund:
- Long Validity: A Travel Fund is valid for 6 months, starting the day you convert your existing flight to Travel Fund.
Travel dates are only limited by what our system predicts at the time of booking, which is typically 1 year out. Keep in mind that you are not required to travel within 6 months. You must book any flight within that six-month window if you want to use the fund; it must be used up within the validity period.
Here’s an example:
You can choose travel dates from September 27, 2022, to September 26, 2023, if you decide to book your new flight by the 180th day, September 27, 2022. Don’t worry; they will remind you via email 45 days before the deadline for using your travel fund, ensuring that you don’t forget.
Alternatively, the expiration date will be displayed under My Travel Fund on your MyCebuPacific account.
- Faster payment and booking: Now that you have a ready source of money, you can quickly complete your reservation whenever you are prepared to travel. Additionally, you may use your travel fund to cover airport fees (i.e., excess baggage, gate baggage, etc.).
Who can avail of Travel Fund?
You are generally entitled to a rebooking, refund, or travel fund if the airline cancels or reschedules your flight with a 1-hour difference. Remember that the modified schedule should differ by at least one hour from the original one.
Depending on your fare type, you might be eligible for these options if you cancel your flight. There are usually no covered promo fares. Other circumstances, such as the passenger’s death, a severe illness, or an injury, may also warrant a refund or conversion to a travel fund. A valid certificate and other required documents must be submitted.
How to transfer your ticket to a Travel Fund?
Step By Step Process to transfer your ticket to a Travel Fund?
- Visit the Cebu Pacific website: cebupacificair.com.
- Click on MANAGE BOOKING.
- Give the details required to access your reservation: The passenger’s Surname and Booking Reference Number.
- Log in to your GetGo account if you have one.
- On the dashboard, find your flight and click the MANAGE button next to it.
- On the next page, you will find icons. There is a TRAVEL FUND option if Cebu Pacific has canceled your flight. Choose CANCEL FLIGHT and proceed with the following steps if your flight has not been cancelled.
- Enter the information asked on the next page.
- Confirm transfer to Travel Fund.
Is Travel Fund transferable?
No, the Travel Fund is still not transferable. The fund’s owner may now use it to make reservations for anyone.
Here’s an example:
- John has Travel Fund in his MyCebuPacific account and is a member.
- To use the fund to make reservations for any of his family or friends, John must sign in.
- John might or might not want to go with them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How To Convert Travel Fund To Cash?
You can turn your travel fund into cash by visiting your local bank branch and completing the proper papers. Also, you can exchange your travel fund for a travel credit that can be used to purchase additional tickets or utilize any other airline-provided services.
How much should be your travel fund?
A good rule of thumb is to set aside enough money for three months’ worth of expenses. Even though everyone should just up and leave on the vacation of their dreams right now, that isn’t always possible.
What can you do with a travel fund?
Travel funds from Southwest can be used to book any available cash flight or pay the taxes and fees on award flights. They can be used to cover all or part of the debt and are handled just like cash.
Where should I put my travel fund?
Even though you could keep your vacation fund in the same account as your regular savings, doing so might give you more clarity. It can be simple to see how close you are to achieving your travel goal if you keep your travel fund in a separate account.
What if my travel fund is insufficient?
If your travel fund is not enough to pay with your new booking, you can combine it with your credit/debit card.
Can you cash out travel funds Southwest?
They cannot be exchanged for cash or credit and are not refundable. Southwest flight e-pass expiration dates are not the same as flight credits, so the new flight credit policy does not apply to them.
What if the airline offers me a voucher instead of a refund?
If the airline offers you a voucher instead of a refund, you will have to decide what you want. You have the right to choose whether you want to take full refund or voucher. If you want your money back instead of a voucher, simply tell them, they will refund you anyway.
How long does it take to get my refund after a cancellation?
It totally depends on your payment method, if you had purchased that ticket by Credit Card then the refund will take 5-7 business days. But if you have purchased the ticket by cash or cheque, then it may take up to 15-20 days.
- Can I Refund My Travel Fund 2024
- How To Refund A Travel Fund
- How To Convert Travel Fund To Cash
- How Can I Withdraw My Travel Fund In Cebu Pacific
- Travel Fund To Full Refund
- Refund Travel Fund Cebu Pacific
- What If My Travel Fund Is Not Enough
- Cebu Pacific Travel Fund Transferable
- How To Check Travel Fund Balance